HEADS UP: makeimg has a new home
Create Arch Linux images (disk image, tarball, or chroot).
The core idea of makeimg is to generate a system image in 6 steps:
- Bootstrapping (installing the packages, etc.)
- Installing a set of provided files to the system
- Rendering a set of provided templates to files on the system
- Applying a set of provided patches to files on the system
- Run a provided script in the context of the system for the final touches
- Enable the required services on the system
Currently, the best documentation is the man page.
Makeimg currently only runs on Arch Linux. You can find it in the AUR: makeimg-git.
For the source code, please see gitlab.com/anemos-io/makeimg.